EPISODE #012: SPECIAL GUEST DR. DAVID TATE APPLYING THE 6 CONDITIONS & TEAM DIAGNOSTIC SURVEY IN PRIVATE EQUITY
This episode kicks off a series of episodes that will feature the perspectives of certified practitioners who have applied the 6 Team Conditions framework and Team Diagnostic Survey with real world teams.
Dr. David Tate joins Ruth Wageman and Krister Lowe for an examination of an applied case involving 13 top teams in the private equity sector. Dr. Tate is an Assistant Clinical Professor at the Yale University School of Medicine as well as a lecturer in the Yale University School of Management. He is also the Founder and a Principal at the Tate Consulting Group. David and his team have deep experience in the areas of Executive Coaching & Leadership Development; Family Business Consulting; Organizational Development and Strategic Planning. You can learn more about David at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-tate-780683/ and www.Tate-Consulting.com Some themes covered in the episode include:
- David’s journey in the area of team development including his foray into the 6 Team Conditions and Team Diagnostic Survey;
- Forming a small team of team coaches to assess the team effectiveness of 13 teams in a private equity firm’s investment portfolio;
- The business case for the initiative;
- Challenges faced in the overall engagement as well as within the intervention team;
- Generating buy-in among the CEO’s and top teams in the portfolio for the engagement;
- The arc and phases of the engagement;
- Analyzing patterns across the 13 teams using the Team Diagnostic Survey;
- Special challenges of top teams in private equity backed firms;
- Key lessons learned and insights for fostering team effectiveness in private equity settings.
- David’s forthcoming book “Conscious Accountability.”