Key Questions: Where does great team leadership come from? What kinds of things should team leaders do and what things are better for the team to do?
In this episode Ruth & Krister explore:Where does great team leadership come from?
- Leadership as a “function” of a team
- Team leaders as coaches
- Four Critical Leadership Functions in Teams: 1) Executing the team task; 2) Monitoring and managing work processes; 3) Designing the team and member roles; 4) Setting overall direction
- Authority Matrix – 4 Authority Structures: 1) Manager-Led; 2) Self-Managing; 3) Self-Designing; 4) Self-Governing
- Distributing authority in teams
- Surfacing authority dynamics in teams
- When leadership most matters in teams: putting in place the 6 Conditions
- Team leadership norms
- Supplemental measures around leadership and authority structures in Team Diagnostic Survey reports
- Supporting and developing team leaders